Coronavirus COVID-19 Statement from the President
** UPDATED ON 4/2/2020 **
Dear Lakemary family,
Thank you for your continued support while we navigate these challenging times. Nothing can deter us at Lakemary from continuing to provide the best possible care to all we serve. In particular, I want to recognize our remarkable direct care staff that remain dedicated to showing up and working with our individuals all day, every day. They are nothing short of heroes during this time and we are extremely grateful to have them on our team. I also want to thank those who have reached out with donations of supplies, food, money and/or words of encouragement and support. These things mean the world at a time like this.
On 03/28/2020, Governor Laura Kelly filed Executive Order 20-16, which establishes a statewide “stay home” order in effect until 04/19/2020. Additionally, both Johnson and Miami Counties of Kansas have issued stay-home orders through 04/23/2020. Lakemary continues to operate essential services necessary to care for the individuals in our programs. We will continue to take the following steps to mitigate risks for our persons served and employees:
- All planned outings and community activities will continue to be suspended through 04/23/2020, with the exceptions of necessary medical services and approved small group outdoor exercise activities. We will continue to provide outdoor activities in line with social distancing guidelines for all residential programs.
- All family visits (off-grounds and in-person) will continue to be suspended through 04/23/2020. Lakemary will continue to support family contact through telephone and videoconferencing.
- Lakemary continues to provide educational support for our residential students that meet their needs based on their Individualized Education Plan. We will continue the modified learning schedule through the end of the Spring semester.
- Lakemary is considered an essential business and is committed to supporting all our employees during this time. We continue to screen all employees prior to starting their shift and implement quarantine measures based on CDC recommendations if applicable. For employees with indirect contact with persons served, Lakemary is complying with social distancing recommendations, and supporting working from home on a rotating basis when appropriate.
- A cross-program COVID-19 response team is in place and prepared to respond should we have any suspected or positive cases of COVID-19. At this time, Lakemary has not had any residents or staff members test positive for COVID-19.
We understand this is an uncertain and unnerving time, but please know that we will get through this together. As the response to this pandemic continues to evolve, we will post any new information and updates on our website and on Facebook.
Gianna Gariglietti, M.Ed., LCPC