The Discovery Center is an area of Lakemary School that features numerous interactive sensory and therapeutic activities. Many teachers schedule classroom time in the Discovery Center, which is a popular destination for the students.
Activity areas include:
- Electri-City – visual area that allows different types of light exploration with the aid of a light table.
- FlowWorks – water table with a sand table area.
- Sensation Trail – multi-sensory space where children touch, hear and feel.
- The Cinema – theater space that allows for single or group expression through acting and play.
- Construction Zone – space that fosters fine motor development.