Lakemary PRTF and School COVID-19 Update
To Our Valued Community Partners:
We at Lakemary are extremely grateful for your continued support and patience as we navigate the best way to continue to provide appropriate treatment and educational services while balancing the implementation of best practice public health initiatives. Leadership from Lakemary’s administrative and medical services teams have been actively involved in conversations with our local and state health departments as well as the CDC.
- All planned outings and community activities are suspended through 6/1/2020. Residents will only leave campus for necessary medical services. We will evaluate current recommendations and determine if any extension of this suspension is necessary at the end of the month. Lakemary is committed to providing ample on-grounds activities and therapeutic experiences for our residents in lieu of community experiences.
- All family visits (off-grounds and in-person) are suspended through 6/1/2020. Lakemary’s clinical team continues to provide family therapy services through telemedicine during this time. We will evaluate whether we will begin to allow visitors through screening measures or will continue with the suspension of in-person visits by the end this month.
- All Lakemary employees in all environments will complete recommended temperature and health screenings prior to starting their shift. If there is any concern regarding exposure, the employee will be sent home until further direction can be obtained from the local health department on the specific case.
- Lakemary has been in close contact with county official on how to respond should we have a positive case of COVID-19 at our facility. We have a quarantine environment and trained staff prepped should quarantine be necessary.
- Lakemary School will close effective immediately for all day students. Lakemary will re-enroll all current day students upon the opening of schools state-wide. Special education services will fall under the sending home school district responsibility. Governor Kelly stated in her Executive Order that all schools should remain closed until May 29, 2020. Lakemary understands this is a fluid situation and is hopeful to re-open for the summer session.
- Residential students will continue to receive special education services through Lakemary School as the responsible home building.
The health and safety of our residents and staff continues to be our chief priority, and we will follow all guidance and take all appropriate measures accordingly.
Director of Special Education/Principal